Monday, June 27, 2011

Hahahaha! Or something...

Okay, so yesterday was the first day of the write-a-thon, and I got myself off to a good start with 1,661 words. Today was far less productive (so far) but I got a lot of things sorted out on paper, so I'm satisfied. I need to remember there are other things to do, like eating and sleeping, but I digress.

I thought I'd post an excerpt from yesterday's work, you know, just for the hell of it :)

If you look down at the ground, you see the grass. In spring; it’s fresh, young, and vibrant. Continue staring and you’ll see every aspect of it, from the base above the root to the tip of a single blade. Look in further on that blade, for there is more beyond. Now your mind is filled with green, with symmetry, with the faint but all-encompassing feeling of new life and of growth. Look further, deeper into the cells whose processes make for many semesters of learning to understand fully. Beyond that there is yet more. Every cell has a part and each part is made of smaller units. Billions of tiny objects lay before you, frail and beautiful. Now take a step forward. You are now on top of the world.

The good thing about writing this, is I don't need to be 'in the mood' or 'lucid' to write. Even if it comes out as gibberish, I'll learn something new and thus add a new 'translation' to my work.

`Damian Breslin

No comments:

Post a Comment